Here are some frequently asked questions on this award. We look forward to assisting you.
Applications open August 1, 2020.
1. What is the Hualalai ‘Ohana@Home Technology for Education Kokua Award?
This initiative is not only an investment in the future of the local community but also in helping advance technology by bringing local 'ohana into the 21st century so that they are not left behind as the new school year begins.
The ‘Ohana@Home Technology for Education award is designed to assist those who have been affected by the COVID-19 crisis as a result of the temporary closure and furlough of employees at Hualalai Resort, by addressing technology support for families transitioning to a remote learning / hybrid education environment as the school year begins in the Fall. This award recognizes the fact that there can be many challenges associated with a hybrid classroom virtual learning environment and the impact on families at home who do not have technology support. The award provides for the purchase of a laptop or desktop computer, printer, router, accessories to best meet the needs of remote learners.
2. Who can I call for more information?
Please call the Hualalai ‘Ohana Foundation at 325-4701 or email email@example.com
3. How do I apply for Hualalai ‘Ohana Crisis Response Fund?
Applications will be available online here beginning August 1.
If you cannot complete the online application, call our office at 325-4701 and we can help.
4. Where do I find the application?
Applications will be available on this page beginning August 1, 2020.
5. Are there deadlines I need to be aware of?
August 15 is the application deadline. Award notification will happen on or around August 24. Distribution will happen at the end of the month. Deadline to redeem gift card is November 1.
6. What information is needed for me to qualify?
Your name, your ID number (your Hualalai employee number), grades/transcripts for the most recent school year for your qualifying child/children, verification of Fall enrollment if College student, and a personal statement on why this award is important for your family and how it will help you.
7. How will I know if my application has been approved?
We will notify you by email after we have reviewed your application and determined availability and qualification status.
8. Do I apply for myself only or can I apply for each of my family members?
The ‘Ohana@Home Technology for Education Kokua award is only available to employees of Hualalai Resort. This includes those employees who are currently on furlough.
9. If I qualify what will I receive?
Families with 2 qualifying keiki (age 5 to 17) or adult learners (with verification of College enrollment in Fall) will receive $500 gift card to Office Max/Office Depot. Families with more than 2 keiki will receive $100 for each additional qualifying dependent. You may also receive tuition assistance or support for medical needs should you decide to apply for support through those programs.
10. Where do I pick up my award?
Keep an eye out for your confirmation email containing instructions on where and when to pickup awards. Awards will be distributed at the end of August. You will need to bring your ID and provide your name to receive your award. We cannot give your award to a representative in your place.
11. When will the award be available?
We will notify recipients on or around August 24, 2020 by email.
12. Is there an expiration date?
Yes. Refer to your packet for this information.
13. I am currently furloughed and want to take online classes to advance my skills. Can you pay for my classes?
Yes, please inquire with our Programs Office for Educational Opportunities Awards by calling 325-8178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
14. My spouse/child/parent and I work at Hualalai, can we submit more than one application?
No, the Technology Award is one per household. Only one application will be accepted per household.
15. My grandchild lives with me, will I qualify for this award?
We will need documentation verifying that you are the child’s legal guardian.
16. What if my 1 year anniversary is coming up?
In order to qualify your anniversary date must be as of August 01, 2020.
17. What if our purchase is over the gift amount?
You are responsible for the difference.
18. What if our purchase is under the gift amount?
You can use the balance for the purchase of related accessories that support your online/remote learning. These include headphones, keypads, mouse, video, laptop case, etc..
19. What if my child lives on the mainland?
If your child is your legal dependent on your 2019 taxes here in Hawaii but currently lives on the mainland, and is enrolled for the upcoming school year, you are eligible.
20. What if my child is taking a year off of college and will go next year?
Sorry, this award is only open to the current enrollment year.
21. What happens if I lose my gift card?
It cannot be replaced. The gift card is like cash so please handle with care.
22. What happens if I do not redeem my award voucher by the expiration date?
You forfeit the card value. Please be sure to use your card prior to November 1.
23. Can I give my award to my wife/husband/child to redeem?
No. If you are the awardee you must be there to redeem your award. It is not transferable.
Please complete the application form by clicking on the link below. You'll need your ID number, your grades or transcripts for the most recent school year, verification of enrollment (if a College student) and your personal statement on why this award is important for your family or how it will help you. As always, we're here to help so please call 325-4701 if you need assistance completing the application.
Copyright © 2020 Hualālai Ohana Foundation - All Rights Reserved